With everyone enjoying more time outdoors, grass stains are inevitable. If your carpets or clothing have grass stains, try these recommended techniques:
Grass Stains on Carpet
- Prepare a cleaning solution of ¼ teaspoon dish soap with 1 cup warm water.
- Pretest the solution on a spot of the carpet.
- Apply the cleaning solution to the affected area by putting it on a cloth and using the cloth to apply to the carpet. Work from the outside of the spot toward the center.
- Let the solution soak into the carpet for at least five minutes.
- Blot the spot with a clean white cloth until no more wine transfers to the cloth. Do not rub the spot or you might damage the carpet fibers.
- Rinse with cold water. Be sure all cleaning solution is removed from the carpet.
- If you can still see the spot, repeat the process until the wine is removed or it no longer transfers to the cloth.
Grass Stains on Cotton Clothing
- Apply laundry detergent to the stain and rinse well with water.
- If any stain remains, presoak in an enzyme presoak product.
- Rinse thoroughly and launder as soon as possible.
- If any stain remains, test for color-fastness in an inconspicuous place, then apply a mild sodium perborate bleach.
- Rinse with water and launder as usual.