Home heating fires are all too common in February. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), 48% of home fires caused by heating equipment take place in December, January & February. Stay disaster free:
- Schedule a professional chimney sweep at least once per year.
- Keep your fireplace door closed when in use.
- Ensure your fireplace is properly vented.
- Only use space heaters with an automatic shutoff function.
- Never leave space heaters unattended.
- Make sure children & pets stay three-feet away.
- Change batteries when needed & test once per month.
- Maintain a Carbon Monoxide detector in your home.
- If you smell gas, evacuate your home & call 911.
Contact us at 888-569-1560 if you experience a home heating fire.
Photo by: istockphoto.com/ Rasulovs