ServiceMaster Restoration Services wants to wish you a safe and Happy Halloween! You’ve got the costumes and the candy, but is your home ready for trick-or-treating? Here are a few tips for making sure you and your home’s visitors have a safe and enjoyable Halloween.
- Clear sidewalks and walkways. It’s very important for your visitors to have a clear path to the door, so be sure to sweep off your sidewalk and remove any leaves, especially if wet and slippery.
- Keep lit jack-o-lanterns and other decorations away from flammable objects and out of pathways. Also, never leave open flames unattended as it only takes one spark to create an out-of-control fire.
- Make sure your home and sidewalks are well lit. Turn on porch lights and if necessary add additional, temporary lighting along the path to your door.
- If you have steps to your front door consider sitting on the bottom step to hand out treats so kids won’t have to go up and down the stairs.
- Put Fido away. Halloween brings a lot of unknown bodies to your home, which might make pets uneasy. Don’t take any chances that your pet might be frightened or hurt someone. Keep it on a leash or inside the home away from your visitors.
With a little planning and a little extra caution, you and your family can have a safe and enjoyable night.