Fall is in the air! Soon it will be getting cooler and the days will be getting shorter. It is time to start prepping your house for the Fall and Winter Months. Autumn’s the time for “fall cleaning”. Deep clean now to take advantage of good weather, and face the coming of winter and the approaching holidays with a clean and comfortable home. Take a look at this checklist from Organized Home:
- Focus on public rooms: living room, family room, entryway, guest bath.
- Clean from top to bottom. Vacuum drapes and window treatments. Clean window sills and window wells. Vacuum baseboards andcorners.
- Vacuum upholstered furniture, or have professionally cleaned if needed. Move furniture and vacuum beneath and behind it.
- Wash interior windows.
- Turn mattresses front-to-back and end-to-end to equalize wear.
- Launder or clean all bedding: mattress pads, pillows, duvets, blankets, comforters. Tuck the family into a warm and cozy winter bed.
- Schedule professional carpet cleaning early this month! Carpet cleaning firms get busy by the end of October, so schedule now for best service.
- Prepare the kitchen for holiday cooking. Clean and organized kitchen cabinets, paying particular attention to baking supplies, pans and equipment.
- Clear kitchen counters of all appliances not used within the last week. Clear counters look cleaner–and provide more room for holiday cooking.
- Pull refrigerator away from the wall, and vacuum the condenser coils. For bottom-mounted coils, use a long, narrow brush to clean coils of dust and debris.
- Wash light-diffusing bowls from light fixtures.
- Inspect each appliance. Does it need supplies? Stock up on softener salt now, and avoid staggering over icy sidewalks with heavy bags.
- Check and empty the central vacuum’s collection area.
- Clean electronic air cleaner elements monthly for most efficient operation. Wash them in an empty dishwasher (consult the manual for specific product recommendations).
- Clean or replace humidifier elements before the heating season begins.
- Inspect washer hoses for bulges, cracks or splits. Replace them every other year.
- Check dryer exhaust tube and vent for built-up lint, debris or birds’ nests! Make sure the exterior vent door closes tightly when not in use.
- Schedule fall furnace inspections now. Don’t wait for the first cold night!
- Buy a winter’s supply of furnace filters. Change filters monthly for maximum energy savings and indoor comfort. When the right filter is on hand, it’s an easy job!
- Drain sediment from hot water heaters.
- Have your chimney cleaned as to prevent potential fire hazards.
Call ServiceMaster today to set up an appointment to get your carpets, upholstery, and rugs ready for the fall!
We have 7 different franchises in the Southeast to accommodate you:
Columbus, GA- 706-569-0801
LaGrange, GA- 706-882-0903
Newnan, GA- 770-683-9432
Auburn, AL- 334-321-4446
Orlando, FL- 407-278-0373
Pensacola, FL- 850-479-6065
Tallahassee, FL- 850-402-8930
Resource: The Organized Home- http://organizedhome.com/seasonal-spin/fall-cleaning-chore-checklist